- The Junior program is suited for skaters that have successfully completed Stage 4 of the Canskate program and want to progress further.
- Hiring a coach is required at this level.
- Skaters will be working on STAR 1-5 levels
- This program is suited for the skater that loves to skate and learn new skills without the intensity or time commitment of a competitive program
- Please see STAR 1-5 Assessments for more information: Click here
- In order to pass the Jr program and move to the Intermediate Program the skater must pass Star 5 Elements and Program
For information on how to hire a coach please reach out to Cheryl Burgess @ email@example.com
Skills Taught in the Jr Program
- Jumps: Waltz, Salchow, Toe Loop, Loop, Flip, Lutz and Axel
- Spins: Upright Spin, Back Spin, Camel Spin, Sit spin, Camel/Sit spin
- Other Moves: Spiral FWD, Edges, Gliding turns, Turns on Patter, Stroking
In the new STAR 1-5 program skaters will evaluated by their coach. The coach will let the skater know when the test will take place and it will be done on their regular skating session.
A skater progressing through the Jr Program may compete at the following competitions at the Star 1-5 levels. Please work with your coach in determining which level your skater should be competing at and which competition they may want to attend. Please refer to the link for the list of competions for the 2018 - 2019 season.
Also please refer to our competition checklist to make your first competition more enjoyable! checklist