Job Opportunity: CanSkate Coordinator
SPRINGBANK FIGURE SKATING CLUB
a Skate Canada-certified club committed to high-quality skating instruction in an inclusive and friendly environment, is inviting like-minded individuals to join the team as:
This individual is responsible for the administration details of CanSkate which is the learn-to-skate program of the Club. Organized, detail-oriented, and customer-friendly, the CanSkate coordinator performs the following duties:
• Organize registration for the program
• Collect data from registration and place skaters into groups as per the session format indicated by the coach
• Schedule coaches or subs, as needed, and ensure they have Skate Canada Registration up-to-date
• Schedule Program Assistants and keep track of their credits
• Prepare initial group lists
• Plan ice set up
• Prepare circuit samples for coaches
• Ensure there is stock on hand of badges, supplies, teaching aids, props
• Work with CanSkate coaches to ensure proper delivery of the program and ensure delivery standards are met
• Assist with any materials needed for Program Assistant training
• Coordinate and assist with grouping, name tags and possibly record–keeping
• Ensure Parent Information Sessions are scheduled; assist with set–up as required
• Organize and distribute badges at the end of each session
• Maintain records as well as review and publish report cards
• Ensure insurance requirements are met (e.g., CSA approved helmets)
- Completed secondary education
- Familiarity with the CanSkate program is an advantage.
- At least 2 years experience in an administrative and customer-facing role
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient computer skills such as in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong customer and team focus, planning and organizing, communication and applied learning skills.
- Able to work from home and at the Springbank rink
Besides the opportunity to contribute to the development of future world-class skating athletes, this job offers fair compensation commensurate to the responsibility.
Interested parties may email their cover letter and résumé to: SpringbankFSC.email@example.com on or before Sept 30, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after.